The Class 1A Elks are 2-0 against Class 2A teams, and they have proven they can pile up points and come back to win a defensive battle.
The Elks won perhaps their biggest rivalry game of the season last week when they took down Canadian, which moved up to Class 2A in the offseason because of the UIL biennial realignment.
Stratford rallied against the Wildcats, scoring the final two touchdowns in a 13-12 win, the difference being Gonzalo Eizmendi’s PAT kick in the second quarter and Canadian’s missed field goal in the final seconds.
Friday’s thriller came on the heels of a 56-14 opening win against Friona. In that game, Stratford unveiled its new balanced offense with up to five runners, and quarterback Tanner Wright passing for more than 100 yards.
- 12/7/12 - Wellington wallops Sudan
- 12/7/12 - Follett advances to state title game
- 12/7/12 - Bulldogs take bite out of Elks
- 12/1/12 - Stratford too strong for Panhandle
- 12/1/12 - Skyrockets thump Springlake-Earth
- 12/1/12 - Booker QB Lile breaks 2 passing marks in loss
- 11/30/12 - Follett routs Matadors
- 11/24/12 - Skyrockets zoom past Bovina
- 11/24/12 - Canadian takes out No. 9 Cisco, 27-20
- 11/24/12 - Wheeler falls to Wolverines